"Real Grand Expression"
“Real Grand Expression” determines the expressive capability of Clavinova. The sound, the touch and the pedals of acoustic pianos along with the application of technologies are crafted to perfectly integrate all the elements into one single piano. This piano produces that exact sound you want through the touch of the keys and the feel of the pedals making you feel as though you are playing a real grand piano.
Exquisite sound of a Concert Grand woven into the Digital Piano
Left: Yamaha CFX, Right: Bösendorfer Imperial
The CFX—Yamaha’s finest concert grand handpicked by the winner of the 2010 International Chopin Piano Competition—and the Imperial from Bösendorfer—a brand held in high esteem by pianists throughout its long history—are renowned pianos characterized by distinctive traits such as power, versatility, subtlety, lightness and mellowness. With this Clavinova, you can enjoy the exquisite beauty of the sought-after tone that the CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial deliver.
The Clavinova reproduces the Damper Resonance and deep reverberation of an acoustic piano utilizing features like String Resonance to emulate the mellow tonal color that occurs when strings react to one another.
Tone Escapement in several locations throughout the body allows the sound from the speakers to be projected to the listener’s ears without being trapped inside the instrument.
Acoustic Optimizer function regulates the flow of sound and control tone to ensure a balanced tone
The GH3X keyboard action accurately recreates the touch of an acoustic piano from the heavy feel in the lower register to the lighter touch in the upper octaves by utilizing the same hammering system and spring-less mechanism as a grand piano,. The three-sensor configuration accurately senses and interprets the behavior of the keyboard for a response and feels very similar to that of a grand piano.
Synthetic ivory keytops is a pleasure to play on and you never get tired of those.
The volume as well as its dynamics can be altered to attain both mellow and bright tones by simply changing the pressure they apply to the keys.
Yamaha Smooth Release technology provides the crisp tone heard when playing staccato as well as the lingering sound produced by releasing the keys more.
Key-Off samples features actual recordings of subtle changes occur in the instrument’s tone as the damper is lowered onto the strings to mute its sound creating a perfect replica of the grand piano.
- 256-note polyphony lets you play many notes simultaneously without any unwanted dropped notes.
- Simple and functional LCD enables a simple operation of your Clavinova, giving you more time to focus on playing.
- Piano Exercises enable you to learn from Hanon, Bayer, Czerny and Burgmüller, improving the musician in you.
- The recording function featured in Clavinova digital pianos allows you to record your performances to review your playing objectively. You can record up to 16 tracks for simultaneous playback, so different hands can be recorded separately or overdub parts with different Voices.
- You can record performances directly to USB flash memory and create audio files (WAV format) as well.
- Apart from its world-class grand pianos, the Clavinova CLP Series has a proud library of impressive Voices including, electric pianos and a variety of organs for the joy of creating music.
- The new reverbs allow to you enjoy the sensation of playing a piano recital in a large concert hall, or experience the ethereal, moving sound of a pipe organ played in a cathedral.
- The Stereophonic Optimizer adjusts the spacing of the sound and the separation from the piano when listening via the headphones, giving you a new kind of headphone experience
- To counter issues of volume control in different environnments, Clavinova is equipped with Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), which adjusts the sound automatically, allowing players to enjoy balanced sound at any volume level.
- If you use an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, Yamaha apps will make playing more convenient and enjoyable!
101kg (222lbs., 11oz)
Number of Keys
GH3X (Graded Hammer 3X) keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops
Hard 2, Hard 1, Medium, Soft 1, Soft 2, Fixed
Number of Pedals
Damper with half pedal effect, Sostenuto, Soft
Full Dot LCD
Key Cover Style
Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial
Number of Polyphony (Max.)
Number of Voices
Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC)
Number of Preset Songs
18 (Voice Demo), 50 (Piano), 303 (Lesson)
Number of Songs
Number of Tracks
USB Audio Recorder
5～500 (quarter note)
Tuning, Scale Type, etc.
Storage and Connectivity
USB Flash Memory
IN, OUT, THRU
L / L+R, R
USB TO DEVICE
USB TO HOST
Amplifiers and Speakers
(25W + 10W) x 2
(16cm + 5cm) x 2 [(6-5/16" + 1-15/16") x 2]
50 greats for the Piano